About Us / History

Curtis was founded in 1905 by Frank O. Curtis in Buffalo, NY. Mr. Curtis formed Curtis to produce and sell his five-spindle screw machine, for which his father held patents dating back to 1891. He slowly refocused the company by producing screw machined parts with his machines and served as company president from 1905 until 1917. The company started with three employees whose combined weekly wage was $11.51. 

Under the leadership of Scott Osgood, company president from 1917 until 1958, the company expanded its facility from 9000 sq. ft. to 25,400 sq. ft. New production equipment was installed and business grew substantially. 

In 1958, Harry G. Smith became the company's third president. Harry purchased a 50,000 sq. ft. building and embarked upon a 10 year expansion program. By 1970, Curtis was ranked as one of the nation's leading manufacturers of machined metal components.

 In 1978, John Hoskins was named president. He acted expeditiously to reinforce the existing high quality ethic and dedication to customer satisfaction. Under John's guidance, the company sharpened its focus on the automotive industry's needs and grew dramatically. John expanded Curtis' operations by opening a second facility in Cornelius, NC and was instrumental in landing Curtis' largest contract in history. This contract led to the opening of Curtis' third facility, located in Buffalo, NY.

Robert Squier served as company president from 1989 through 2001. Robert led the company to acquire its' fourth facility, Sheldon Precision, in Prospect, CT. The acquisition of Sheldon Precision added swiss-turning capabilities, which enables Curtis to provide screw machine parts ranging from .012" to 3.5" in diameter.

Paul Hojnacki became the 6th president in Curtis' history in January of 2002. Mr. Hojnacki joined the company in 1983 and served in various engineering, sales and operations capacities before becoming president.

In November 2014, the Buffalo, NY and Cornelius, NC facilities of Curtis Screw became a business of MacLean-Fogg Component Solutions. 

Our Products

 

  • Gear Blanks
  • Transmission Park System Components
  • Machined Engine Components
  • Valve Components
  • Fuel Injection Components

Our Industries

 

 

Latest News

The Rotational Program Takes on the Carolinas
The MacLean-Fogg Manufacturing Management Program (MMP) is a two-year rotational program that allows high potential recent college graduates to make a...
 
General Motors Recognizes MacLean-Fogg Component Solutions as a 2015 Supplier of the Year Winner
MacLean-Fogg Component Solutions was named a GM Supplier of the Year by General Motors during its 24th annual Supplier of the Year awards ceremony held...
 
MFCS Think Tank
On Wednesday, November 18, 2015, the first annual MFCS Think Tank meeting was held at Meadow Brook Hall on Oakland University’s campus, located in Rochester...
 
Engineered Plastics Company Develops Rapid Prototype Process
Engineered Plastics Company (EPC) began developing a way in which it could quickly and cost-effectively prove out concepts to customers for innovative...
 
EPC a finalist for SPE Innovation Award
The Engineered Plastics Division of MFCS was recently honored when a component we designed and manufactured was nominated by the Society of Plastics Engineers...
 
MacLean-Fogg Passes Presidential Torch to the Next Generation
Barry L. MacLean, chief executive officer and chairman of MacLean-Fogg, announced the appointment of Duncan A. L. MacLean to president of MacLean-Fogg...
 
MacLean-Fogg Component Solutions to Sponsor 2015 Michigan Formula SAE
MacLean-Fogg Component Solutions (MFCS) is excited to announce its Silver sponsorship of the 2015 Michigan Formula SAE® Collegiate Design Competition....
 
MacLean-Fogg Corporate Office: 1000 Allanson Road, Mundelein, IL 60060-3890, US: (800) 566-0010 www.macleanfoggcs.com